misUNDERSTOOD ALWays
Thursday, July 06, 2006
  sIgns oF iMPerfection
Weeks pass by very very quickly. My attachment has ended. Taxi fares are going up again. June passed. Now is July. England is out. Germany is out. Portugal is out. I had my first lesson as tutor. Everything just seems to pass me by.

As time starts to pass me by, I have discovered that my definition of myself as a perfect, impeccable individual has been severely blemished. Here's why:

1. Attachment

I have started revising my definition of myself as perfect ever since my attachment began. Spelling mistakes, addition mistakes, formatting mistakes are just some of the mistakes I have made. Well, all these are attributed to carelessness; therefore I branded myself 90% perfect.

2. World Cup

Well, although I am not playing for England, I still participated in the World Cup. As a 90% perfect individual, I must do my part for the economy. Anyway I do not believe the economy is getting better, so according to Keyes, I must help to stimulate the economy by spending so that it will cause a multiplier effect. In order to play a part, I have decided to step into S'pore Pools. Motivated by the prospect of earning more money and to stimulate the economy, I started betting. As of now, my losing rate has been 100%. I have really done a lot for the economy by losing. But I truly wanted to win. As such, my forecasts have gone terribly wrong. Due to this, my perfection factor is further reduced by 10%.

3. The Ronaldo

I seriously thought Ronaldo and Rooney will make the perfect pair to help Manchester United rise to the top again. I mean Cristiano. I don't mean the goldfish. The fat one. No. I mean the Oscar winning actor in the World Cup. The person who got Rooney sent off regardless of what the referee might say. The guy who winked at the Portugese bench. Yes. That idiot.

You might wonder why this affects my perfection score. You see, in my Football Manager, it is already in year 2009. Ronaldo is still in my team. And one of my most important coveted players. I have failed to execute my virtual punishment to this guy due to my laziness to open the programme and fine him. So my perfection score has dropped by 10% due to my very lazy behaviour.

4. LOST

By this, I mean something more dramatic than the drama LOST. Much much more dramatic. Like, getting lost in East Coast Park while looking for a particular fast food restaurant. Another 15% off here.

5. Blogging instead of typing report

I have an attachment report to do. And yet, I am blogging right now. This again exemplifies my slacking and lazy attitude. Afterwards, I think I will play games again. And I will wake up at 11am again tomorrow. And then I will have a nap again. And then I will be out again. And then I will play games again blah blah. Busy or procrastination? I have decided it is the latter. So I have to subtract another 10% from myself again.

6. Calculation

As of a few seconds ago, I was wondering what my score is. I wanted to calculate but found that I am either too lazy to do so, or just lacked the ability to perform calculations without a calculator. So, I decided that I am now only a 20% perfect man.

Now I have to make myself happy with myself. After I have self declared myself only 20% perfect. Here's why I should be happy with myself:

1. Mean of population

After performing some statistical analysis (which equates to thinking only), from a sample mean of about 20 (mostly VS guys that I know), I found that I am in the top 5% of the population. This result can of cause by ascribed to my handsome face, my intellectual brain and my good natured personality.

2. Happening factor

Basically, this happening does not amount to the one that is popularised by the fanatics who love clubbing and view those who don't as hermits living in their own shells. I have better things to do than that thank you very much.

By happening, I mean creating something unexpected which inevitably reduces my perfection score. Things that add spice into my own life. Like getting lost in ECP. And laughing at myself for that.

3. Blogging language

Well, I have changed my blogging style yet again if you noticed. You might want to take note that my blogging vocabulary and punctuation have improved by leaps and bounds. This is to be in line with my new image as a tuition teacher. I must set a good example for my student. And future student(s).

So although I find myself somewhat imperfect, I am still 20% perfect. And I am happy with that.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
ARCHIVES
September 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / December 2006 /


Powered by Blogger